Aggregator
Montenegro police, FBI arrest Iranian wanted by US for hacking
Jets super fan who attempted 100K field goal returning to MetLife with World Cup tickets
Asia stock markets slide as tech shares slump
USMNT to face Bosnia-Herzegovina in Round of 32 at World Cup
Police Took 8 Minutes To Locate Henry Nowak's Fatal Stab Wound... Then Performed CPR Directly Over It
Authored by Steve Watson via Modernity News,
The case of 18-year-old white British student Henry Nowak has delivered yet another layer of disturbing detail.
Officers from Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary arrived at the Southampton scene roughly five to ten minutes after he was stabbed five times with a ceremonial knife. Henry remained conscious and spoke loudly at first. He told them he had been stabbed and could not breathe. They chose instead to believe the man who had just knifed him.
New evidence released this week shows it took those officers a full eight minutes to discover the fatal wound. During that time they lifted Henry, striking his head against a wall, and later began CPR. A female officer started compressions. According to the transcript and reports, officers performed chest compressions over his clothing and directly onto the area of the stab wound.
? BREAKING: Newly released evidence shows how police officers took eight minutes to discover the stab wound that killed Henry Nowak.
The attending officers also hit Henry's head on a wall as he was lifted, before a female officer begins CPR.https://t.co/C5Wb1IQZ93
It took police officers 8 minutes to check Henry Nowak for stab wounds. When they realised he wasn't breathing they did chest compressions over his clothes ONTO A STAB WOUND, somehow managing to make the situation even worse.
— Patrick Christys (@PatrickChristys) June 24, 2026Bodycam footage shows officers dragging Henry across gravel, turning him, and forcefully pulling his arms behind his back to apply handcuffs. He lost consciousness within about three minutes of that restraint and was pronounced dead at 00:37 on 4 December 2025 after 51 minutes of resuscitation efforts.
A paediatric critical care specialist with battlefield medicine experience, Dr Krzysztof Magier, reviewed the footage and post-mortem report. He concluded there is a high probability that the police actions contributed to Henry's death.
The main source of bleeding was damage to the subclavian vein. Venous bleeding under low pressure often forms a natural clot that can slow or stop on its own. Forcefully twisting the arms behind the back and handcuffing likely stretched the vein, tore the forming clot, and triggered sudden massive internal haemorrhage.
Dr Magier stated: "I am convinced that if Henry had arrived there alive, the doctors would not have let him die." He added that paramedics arriving first could have given Henry a roughly 50% chance of survival through fluids, tranexamic acid to stabilise the clot, and other interventions. Southampton University Hospital, a major trauma centre, was only two to three minutes away by ambulance.
Serving and former Hampshire officers have now admitted that mandatory "Inclusion Matters" DEI training played a direct role in how they processed the incident. They described sessions that drummed in "white privilege" and "unconscious bias."
One officer said: "we had it drummed into us about our white privilege and unconscious bias." The outsourced trainer was described as "deeply hateful of white people and our culture." Officers feared career damage if they pushed back.
This ideological environment framed the white teenager as the likely aggressor and gave credence to the attacker's fabricated claim of racial abuse.
Vickrum Digwa, from a Sikh background, lied to police and his family reinforced the narrative on the 999 call, downplaying any knife involvement. Officers initially accepted the story. One was heard telling Henry: "Don't think you have mate."
An ex-police officer appearing on BBC Newsnight called the response "unfathomable." Basic procedure requires immediate medical assessment and priority for anyone reporting a stab wound and breathing difficulty - not restraint and dismissal. The BBC presenter appeared visibly surprised at the unsparing assessment.
Judge William Mousley KC noted the attending officer's "genuine shock" upon realising CPR was being given over a serious chest wound and suggested it showed officers "doing his best in a very difficult situation." The judge also observed that "sometimes, someone arrested and handcuffed will feign injury."
Dr Magier directly challenged that leniency: "I fear that the Judge and pathologist were too lenient towards the police."
A full jury inquest opens at Winchester Coroner's Court on 20 September 2027. It will examine whether any act or omission by police caused or contributed to the death.
The release of bodycam footage earlier this month triggered protests and disorder in Southampton. Henry's father, Mark Nowak, stated: "My son was dragged across gravel, handcuffed and called racist as he lay dying. Being read his rights was the last thing he heard."
Vickrum Digwa was jailed for life with a minimum of 21 years. His sentence has been referred to the Court of Appeal as potentially unduly lenient. Prior warnings about Digwa - including 2022 reports of him firing an illegal air pistol in his garden - were reportedly not acted upon effectively by police.
The pattern fits a broader picture of institutional capture. Training that elevates identity politics over impartial procedure produces exactly this outcome: a dying white teenager treated as a threat while his attacker's narrative receives deference.
Critics from across the spectrum have highlighted the double standard compared with other high-profile custody deaths that triggered institutional upheaval and global campaigns.
He wasn't breathing ? you start chest compressions immediately.
That's basic first aid protocol.
Taking 8 minutes to check for stab wounds, handcuffing him while he's saying he can't breathe, and then compressing over clothes directly onto the wound is a complete failure of...
I read that they also banged his head when they moved him after realising that he'd been stabbed. Honestly, when you think this case can't get any worse, it does. ?
— Leanne (@LeanneSpurs) June 24, 2026They were told he had blood coming out of his mouth when they arrived, and he repeatedly said he'd been stabbed.
Totally unacceptable dereliction of duty.
It would help if the police were taught life saving rather than DEI protocol.
— Pat Herbert (@PatHerbert2) June 24, 2026Henry's family has asked that his death not be used to sow further division. The facts, however, speak for themselves. When police training and culture elevate racial grievance narratives above the immediate duty to preserve life, the result is not justice - it is preventable tragedy.
Your support is crucial in helping us defeat mass censorship. Please consider donating via Locals or check out our unique merch. Follow us on X @ModernityNews.
Tyler Durden Fri, 06/26/2026 - 03:30Florida tattoo shop refuses service to military and veterans for being ‘war criminals’
Ronny Mauricio’s latest Mets shot is here after Marcus Siemien goes on 10-day IL
Dear Abby: My fiancé won’t let me put up a photo of my late husband
Rome Rebukes Rutte: Italy Rejects Claim US Flew Iran War Missions From Its Bases
It's no longer just a Trump-Meloni spat on the level of public rhetoric, but Italy is newly making clear that it is imposing real policy and limitations on the US, now clarifying that it had formally denied US use of its bases to strike Iran for past and future potential missions.
This has been a long time in coming, as Italy already clearly restricted at least some US use of its bases within the past months related to the Iran war, but now it is official.
On Thursday Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs Antonio Tajani reportedly told his Iranian counterpart by phone he firmly rejects NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte's recent claims that US forces used Italian military bases in operations against Iran.
Tajani has insisted that Italian bases were never used for any kind of offensive strikes on the Islamic Republic. According to US military publication Stripes, "The Iranian foreign minister thanked Italy for the clarification and said a clear, formal denial was necessary."
via US NavyItaly of course remains a member of NATO, and so the fact that Rome was responding to recent remark's of the organization's leader is glaring, and reveals a serious inter-NATO rift.
The NATO chief had been interviewed on Fox earlier this week, wherein he claimed that some 500 American military flights had taken off from bases in Italy in support of Operation Epic Fury. Italy's foreign ministry is firmly rejecting the claim.
In addition, the Italian Defense Ministry came out and said that Rutte "has nothing to do with Operation Epic Fury" - which might explain whey he's making "completely misleading" remarks.
"Italy only authorizes flights that are provided for by the treaties and totally exclude kinetic activities," said that Italian defense ministry statement.
It seems Italy is trying to appease both the Iranian and US sides at once, by trying to shroud its role in ambiguity and abstract definitions of terms:
In a post analyzing how Italy’s bases were used to support the war, the site ItaMilRadar said this week that Navy MQ-4C Triton surveillance drones from Sigonella “conducted extensive intelligence and reconnaissance missions over the Persian Gulf area” before the Triton operations appeared to shift to Jordan in April. Navy P-8 Poseidon patrol aircraft operated from the base before and during the war, and several deployed to Djibouti to support U.S. naval forces in the Indian Ocean, according to the site.
Back in late March, as US-Israeli bombs were still being unleashed on Iran, a statement from PM Meloni’s office had also alluded to matters of procedure, stating that Italy is "acting in full compliance with existing international agreements" - while underscoring that each request must be "carefully examined on a case-by-case basis, as has always been the case in the past."
Italian Defense Minister Guido Crosetto had also at the time confirmed that "some US bombers" were denied landing at Sigonella – one of seven US navy bases in Italy. The complaint is that the US didn't follow required permission protocol, and requested landing only while in the air and already en route to Sicily.
But the truth also is that American hegemonic action in the Middle East, and the Iran conflict in particular, remains deeply unpopular among the Italian population, which has long had a strongly anti-war bent especially among the youth.
In a display of obedience to the US, the NATO Secretary General bragged about NATO's participation in the war of aggression against Iran:
- “If you take Italy for example, 500 U.S. planes took off from U.S. bases in Italy to support Operation Epic Fury." pic.twitter.com/cuJWD6Uy7N
The Guardian previously wrote, "The unpopularity of Trump in Italy has also started to erode the popularity of Meloni, who is ideologically in tune with the US president and has established good working relations with him." However, she's lately sought to distance her government from the war, having told parliament earlier this month there's a growing dangerous trend of interventions "outside the scope of international law."
Tyler Durden Fri, 06/26/2026 - 02:45Michigan lawmaker tours daycare tied to $1.1M in taxpayer funds with no sign of kids
Christian Pulisic returning to pitch was ultimate goal for USMNT
Sag Harbor Whalers ‘can’t complain’ about ideal summer baseball experience
Majority Of Poles Are Against Ukraine Joining The EU
Poles are divided in their assessment of Ukraine’s possible accession to the European Union.
However, according to the latest IBRiS poll conducted for Radio ZET, the voices of those opposed to accession dominate.
A total of 35.3 percent of those surveyed voted in favor of Ukraine’s admission to the European Union. Strong support for such a solution was expressed by 8.4 percent of respondents, while 26.9 percent replied “rather yes.”
There are definitely more opponents of Ukraine’s membership in the EU. A total of 59.7 percent of those questioned took a negative position. The answer “probably not” was given by 27.4 percent of respondents, and “definitely not” by as many as 32.3 percent.
Another 5 percent remain undecided — respondents who chose the answer “I don’t know” or “hard to say.”
Among supporters of the ruling coalition, 64 percent support Ukraine’s accession to the EU, while 73 percent of opposition voters say Ukraine should not join.
The study was conducted by the IBRiS Institute for Market and Social Research using computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI) on June 12–13, 2026. The survey was conducted on a representative sample of 1,068 adult Poles.
Zelensky canceled his visit to PolandThe two-day Ukraine Recovery Conference (URC), co-organized by Poland and Ukraine, will begin in Gdańsk on Thursday.
One of the highlights of the event will be a joint meeting of the Polish and Ukrainian parliaments.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will not come to Gdańsk; the Ukrainian delegation will instead be headed by Deputy Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko
. It is also known that the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska, will not come to Poland.
The Gdańsk conference is being organized in the shadow of sharp tensions between Poland and Ukraine — all due to Zelensky’s decision to name one of the Ukrainian army units after “UPA heroes.”
In response, Polish President Karol Nawrocki decided to strip Zelensky of the Order of the White Eagle.
Tyler Durden Fri, 06/26/2026 - 02:00