Aggregator
55+ Prime Day deals that push your $100 budget further than ever
LaVar Ball reveals split with wife Tina after 30 years: ‘Found somebody else’
Revealed: The worst place to sell a home in NYC — where homeowners lose a median $24K
French Navy Boards 5th Russian 'Shadow Fleet' Vessel Off Europe Since September
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced yet another highly provocative naval seizure of a Russian so-called shadow fleet vessel.
"On Tuesday, the French navy boarded the oil tanker Deliver as it was passing off the coast of Sicily in breach of maritime law," Macron wrote in a post on X, revealing the prior interdiction that took place earlier in the week.
Illustrative, via French NavyReports say it flew a Cameroonian flag and was sailing from Russia's Baltic port of Primorsk, whereupon it was boarded by French forces over a falsified registration, according to the French maritime prefecture.
France's navy escorted then the tanker to an anchorage location, where it was subject to deeper inspections my maritime authorities.
It marks no less than the fifth such boarding of a 'shadow fleet' vessel suspected of transiting sanctioned Russian goods or energy off a European coastline since September.
"We will not allow the 'shadow fleet' to circumvent sanctions and finance Russia's war effort," Macron said.
The apparent legal justification France's navy has relied on for such actions is the practice of "flag-hopping" - which involves a crew repeatedly changing displayed flags, along with often invalid registrations to thwart international tracking monitors.
The last several seized tankers were also flying flags of African nations, and these interdictions have stretched back through last year.
France's military released footage of the boarding of the 'Delivery'...
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced that the French military intercepted the Russian "shadow fleet" tanker 'Deliver' on Tuesday as it transited off the coast of Sicily in violation of maritime law. pic.twitter.com/T3sE95BrT1
— OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) June 25, 2026In some instances, Russia has been sending military escorts - which of course has seen French and European militaries hold off executing any action.
As a result of this latest intercept, it's likely Russia's navy will increase its military escorts, which has been more common in northern European waters, given the proximity to Russia.
Tyler Durden Thu, 06/25/2026 - 12:20Gia Duddy shoots down Druski dating rumors: ‘I have a boyfriend’
It’s time embattled 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk gets some serious help
Joey Bosa likely retiring at 30 years old as he remains free agent
What do tickets cost for the England vs. Panama World Cup match at MetLife?
Who Is On ‘Next Gen NYC’? Get To Know Series Newbie Liam Obergfoll
Trump Singles Out Exxon, Chevron, Shell, And BP Over High Gas Prices
By Irina Slav for OilPrice.com
President Donald Trump has listed Exxon, Chevron, Shell, and BP as being among companies responsible for excessively high fuel prices, following the announcement of a federal government probe into price-gouging earlier in the week.
“Oil prices have come down so much and we are not seeing anything at the pump by comparison the way they should be,” the U.S. president told media, as quoted by the BBC. “We should be, in my opinion, at $2.25 [a gallon] right now at the pump and we are higher than that.”
The U.S. national average for a gallon of regular gasoline was $3.928 as of Wednesday, down from $4.0250 a week ago, but up from $3.2240 a year ago, according to AAA data. GasBuddy reported a national average of $3.85 per gallon as of Monday. Still, fuel prices have been on a decline for six weeks in a row, with diesel also dipping below $5 per gallon for the first time in weeks, bringing relief to industrial fuel consumers.
“The big Oil Companies are not dropping their price at the pump commensurate with the sharply lower prices they are paying for Oil. Those prices are dropping like a rock! In other words, customers are being "gouged",” Trump wrote on TruthSocial late on Tuesday. “I have instructed the DOJ to immediately start looking into this. Gasoline prices better start going down a lot faster than what I’m seeing!” the U.S. president also wrote.
In response, the American Petroleum Institute said that retail fuel prices “don't move in lockstep with crude oil”. “Our industry shares the goal of delivering relief at the pump and restoring stability to global energy markets,” API spokeswoman Bethany Williams also said.
“President Trump was clear all along that there would be short-term, temporary disruptions to energy markets, and that oil and gas prices will quickly fall as soon as the Iran situation is resolved,” a White House spokesperson told media, as quoted by the BBC.
Tyler Durden Thu, 06/25/2026 - 12:00