Aggregator
Controversial video of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs inviting then-12-year-old Daveigh Chase to ‘after-party’ resurfaces after actress’ death
Controversial video of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs inviting then-12-year-old Daveigh Chase to ‘after-party’ resurfaces after actress’ death
Version Control: Hugh Jackman’s ‘The Death of Robin Hood’ Hits Theaters, But Which Classic Robin Hood Movie Should You Watch This Weekend?
Chaos in LA streets as World Cup fans turn violent for Mexico-South Korea match
Corentin Moutet hit with $40,000 fine for f-bomb-filled Queen’s Club interview
How European World Cup athletes have trained for US heat — as visitors admit: ‘We owe Americans an apology’
Canada’s Jesse Marsch waves off Qatar coach after gruesome World Cup injury: ‘Everyone could hear the bone snap’
Half-assed! Zoo paints stripes on donkey to look like zebra — unleashing wild flood of mockery
Appeals Court Allows Ohio To Restrict Children's Use Of Social Media
Authored by Aldgra Fredly via The Epoch Times,
A federal appeals court on Thursday allowed Ohio to enforce a law requiring social media companies to obtain parental consent before permitting children under 16 to access their platforms.
Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Reddit applications are displayed on a mobile phone on Dec. 9, 2025. Hollie Adams/ReutersThe law, known as the Social Media Parental Notification Act, was passed by the state's legislature in 2023 and took effect in January 2024. NetChoice - a trade group representing TikTok, Meta, and other major tech companies - later filed a lawsuit, alleging that the law was unconstitutional.
In April, U.S. District Judge Algenon Marbley ruled in NetChoice's favor and permanently blocked Ohio from enforcing the law. The state subsequently appealed the ruling.
In a 2-1 decision on June 18, a panel of the Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the lower court ruling, finding that Ohio's law does not violate the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Writing for the majority, Circuit Judge Eric Clay said the state law imposes only "a marginal burden" by requiring parental consent for children to use social media platforms.
"That requirement constitutes a marginal burden that precisely targets the multi-faceted problem that Ohio has identified: Children's unsupervised assent to terms and conditions for use of platforms that take advantage of and harm them," Clay said.
"Parental consent will not always be narrowly tailored to the compelling interest in protecting minors' well-being. It works here because the nature of the harm itself is that children's unsupervised use of social media puts them at risk of the adverse effects of prolonged and unregulated exposure."
Ohio Attorney General Andy Wilson praised the appeals court's decision, calling it "a win for Ohio families."
Wilson said in a statement that the ruling would allow parents to supervise their children's use of social media.
"The court agreed that parents - not social media companies - should get a say in what kids see online. We have an obligation to keep our children safe, and today, the most dangerous place for our kids is the internet," he stated. "This decision gives parents the tools to be involved and provide oversight."
NetChoice said the appeals court's decision will threaten the online privacy and constitutional rights of Ohioan residents. The group suggested that it intends to continue the legal challenge.
"By requiring parents to override the government's determination, Ohio has violated bedrock First Amendment principles," Paul Taske, director of the NetChoice Litigation Center, said in a statement. "We are currently reviewing our options on how best to move forward."
NetChoice last year won court rulings blocking a similar social media parental consent law in Arkansas and a children's digital privacy law in California.
Australia became the first country last December to impose a ban on social media for children under 16 amid concerns about the online safety risks to the nation's youth.
Several countries have since followed suit or are weighing similar social media restrictions over concerns about the platforms' impact on children's mental health. Among those countries are the UK, Austria, Denmark, France, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Reuters contributed to this report.
Tyler Durden Fri, 06/19/2026 - 11:10‘Elf’ actor Faizon Love heads to court for first appearance since Florida arrest
Boy, 3, drowns in family pool despite wearing life vest — because a crucial step was missed
New York Knicks celebrate with VIP bash at private members-only club after parade
New York Knicks celebrate with VIP bash at private members-only club after parade
Knicks stars mingle with A-listers at private club after championship parade
Red Lobster CEO using AI, nostalgia for ‘greatest comeback in the history of restaurant industry’
Katy Perry makes not-so-subtle dig at exes Orlando Bloom and John Mayer at music festival
Katy Perry makes not-so-subtle dig at exes Orlando Bloom and John Mayer at music festival
Russia Vows "Massive Group Strikes" On Ukraine After Drone Swarm Attack On Refinery
Ukraine's massive drone swarm attack on the Russian capital, targeting critical energy infrastructure including a major refinery and storage tank farms, has sparked fuel-shortage fears in Moscow while prompting Russia to warn Kyiv of "massive group strikes" in retaliation.
On Thursday, 200 Ukrainian suicide drones swarmed Gazprom's Moscow Refinery in what military observers are calling Kyiv's most brazen offensive of the four-year war to date.
Footage from the southeastern outskirts of the city showed the drone swarm attack and the resulting columns of black smoke billowing from the heavily damaged refinery and storage tank farms.
Additional footage of Russia’s Moscow oil refinery ablaze this morning after a successful Ukrainian drone attack. pic.twitter.com/34c27d565q
— OSINTtechnical (@Osinttechnical) June 18, 2026HOLY SMOKES! Moscow right now 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/Oxz4pLHIwQ
— Kate from Kharkiv (@BohuslavskaKate) June 18, 2026"It is no coincidence that the president announced some time ago, after yet another Kyiv terrorist attack, that we will now conduct massive group strikes on a regular basis against targets whose condition directly affects the combat readiness of the Ukrainian Armed Forces," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told reporters yesterday, according to Interfax.
Ukraine's drone attack appears to have targeted Russia's refining capacity, as concerns grow that fuel shortages could soon materialize in the capital area.
Sergey Vakulenko, a senior fellow at the Carnegie Russia and Eurasia Center in Berlin and a former Russian oil executive, told Bloomberg that a gas shortage in Moscow is now unavoidable.
"The authorities will do everything they can to bring fuel in from other regions," Vakulenko said. "However, rail capacity is not unlimited, and nearby refineries have also been damaged."
Kyiv has been pounding away at Russia's energy infrastructure with drones. The latest data from EA Analytics indicates that Russian crude-processing rates are set to drop to two-decade lows in June.
Here's TD Securities Roman Schweizer's first take on the attack:
The G7 confab happened without any major blowups. The formal declaration is here. Notably, the group promised support for UKR and tougher sanction on RUS. "We commit to increase the pressure on the Russian war economy. In this context, we will strengthen our sanctions, including those on the oil and gas sectors. We consider this the right moment to proceed with additional measures, as President Trump has delivered a deal that we support in reopening the Strait of Hormuz." UKR continues to make incredibly effective long-range strikes into Moscow, spectacularly hitting a storage tank at an oil refinery. There is stunning footage of black smoke billowing over Moscow (generating both real and psychological effects). The war isn't going well for Putin either tactically or strategically. UKR has seized the momentum - the big question is what comes next: a diplomatic off-ramp or military escalation? We struggle to see how RUS could do something to change the battlefield dynamics and worry that a desperate Putin might try something desperate.
What Russia's "massive group strikes" response will look like remains to be seen, but the threat of gray-zone sabotage across the West is rising. That could include a campaign of cyberattacks, arson, logistics disruption, rail and port interference, telecom or undersea-cable incidents, and attacks against defense supply-chain nodes supporting Ukraine.
Tyler Durden Fri, 06/19/2026 - 10:45